Tuesday, August 08, 2006

memorable incidents at somaiya

Somaiya classes......oops!..somaiya engineering academy....
since the day our CET got over,people stared councelling me about engineering field
(colleges,companies,subjects,classes....etc)And as a natural tendency..i asked seniors about which are the most difficult
subjects,which classes should i prefer...etc.And 100% people told me that app mech is going to be really tough,u will need to study
hard,right from the first day!And as others,i was also scared of this subject...but the only thing(relief) was the
subject was going to be there in 2nd sem....So obviously 1st sem was going to be
easier(didnt work in my case...thts a different thing!)some people told me to start app mech during vacations only..but obviously i didnt ;)And 2nd sem started.We had already taken admission to Somaiya Engineering Academy..First day.....somaiya sir (uncle...according to sneha)...seemed to be pretty srict..bt used to teach
very well...
And then...days passed....My impression was pretty good..he used to make me stand (for good reason) asked
questions....And i could answer them sometimes....but,the things are never so easy,straight!
One day..he was teaching virtual work method for beams....I and Sneha were sitting together...and we were talking..sir caught us...asked me,"yes,do u have any doubt?"I said,"No,sir.""ok",He said.and as he was about to turn bact towards the board, Sneha said,"sir,we were discussing how the diagram would be!"He turned back to us again in anger...next few lines..his own words..."u were discussing the diagram in air?? how can it be possible??this is all because of JVK and graphics!!!!u do such things..imagining in air.in graphics only..dont imagine...take a pen and a paper and just draw it!!!if i start doing such things,will u ppl understand a single word??(now pointing towards me)..tell me..is
teaching that easy??u come here...stand at my place..and try to teach..lets c how many ppl
understand a word!!!"
aur ye silsila chalta hi raha...i was so scared that i didnt go 4 the class 4 two weeks atleast!
when i went to class after a long break...whatever he was teaching,was going tangentially..then i asked madhura,who was sitting wid me.."what is law of string?" She was explaining me...sir caught me again (wat a luck!) bt this time,he shouted at madhura.."it is good that u r explaining her..bt u shouldnt in the class!let me do my job sincerely! these ppl (I!) dont want to attend the lectures,they just want to take part in gathering.....regatta,right?these ppl are not supposed to be here....tell them to join film industry...they need these ppl..go there and entertain others..."

again one week bunk!

then he only asked madhura about me...next day i attended the class...i dont know what he might have thought..coz he never
shouted at me after tht!!!and on the last day....after the class was over..he called me...and said..."when is your exam??...i know u will be getting good marks...u are scholar...u missed so
many lectures these days! why did u bunk the class?take down all the notes,ok?i know u will do that..u r very intelligent....bt u shouldnt have bunked the class.."that day i felt like..this is what i wanted...if u didnt have shouted at me...i couldnt
have bunked a single lecture!!!"

17 Comments:

Blogger jay said...

interesting blog!

4:35 AM  
Blogger Dinesh said...

interesting..
true feelings..
btw, u from MIT or cummins?

10:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol.. first of all thnx for reminding me the gud old days at his classes.. was there for 2 semesters.. noo didnt fail but actually was in mech branch so we had another subject the other sem

he is a gud but very strict teacher.. i still remember how he got angry at the dholwala during ganpati.. lol.

11:50 AM  
Blogger shraddha pandhe said...

to all the ppl above..
thanks a lot!!!

sudeep,u can share the incidents happened at somayya..here...

3:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

he he he..u forgot 2 add d 'dis girl will become CEO' part.. but,truly v'll hv all interestin memories of sommaya UNCLE [;)]

3:40 AM  
Blogger shraddha pandhe said...

to sneha...
hey..actually..i was waiting for ur comment!!!
arre..i didnt know only abt "u'll become CEO.."
i must be absent!!

7:40 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey
Nice blog
Keep it up.
r u in FE ?

11:07 PM  
Blogger shraddha pandhe said...

@ suraj
am in SE now

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi shraddha, this is rahul and I was also a student of Somaiya Sir during my Engg days in Pune. I was in 2001 Batch. Could you please sent me an e-mail add of somaiya sir, or any contact details of him. my mail id rahul_pandya@hotmail.com. If you or anybody in this blog could send me this details would be great.

Cheers.

6:40 PM  
Blogger Arshat Chaudhary said...

Nice topics u write about..why did u stop writing?

7:25 AM  
Blogger Zafar said...

Very nice blog shraddha. . . I too have joined Somayya's classes (oops Somayya engineering academy :P) ..the classes started from today..i bunked ..lol..Ab dekhte hai kal kya hota hai..n once again..nice blog !

10:06 AM  
Blogger Junius said...

good narration...made me remember my engineering days

2:35 AM  
Anonymous Shilpa said...

Hi sharaddha,

i was searching for the "sushila" song for a ong long time. Thanks to you i got it intact with the lyrics. Any idea if you are aware about another song which goes "E Jaane Darling, tomorrow morning STchya khambavar yeshil ka" and there's this chorus Dinchak, Dhichang.....please mail me the lyrics if you know this song. I would be more than glad.

Thanks,
Shilpa

10:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

To Anonymous: Somayya sir is my kaka!! So I have his email address if you want it. I dont know when u posted that comment so I hope u get this on time :)

hmsomaya@gmail.com

4:23 PM  
Blogger vijay said...

hey nice one................i am plannin to join this class i just wanted to know how good is it............i am new to this place so pls tell more abt this classes .....myself living in kotrud so this is the nearest classes i have............ pls reply to my Id
vijayr1993@gmail.com

3:59 AM  
Blogger ~Crucio!~ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

4:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey
why u ppl stopped? dat waz intresting. me too his old student. really learned a lot frm him. grand salute 2 him!!

12:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home